TOP 5 FUNDAMENTALS WHEN CUTTING
I got this question from a client a few weeks ago (thanks Nick!) and I thought it would be a good thing to post and expand on here.
While there are a TON of other factors (besides the obvious of calorie balance), if I had to boil it down to a top 5 (no particular order), here they are:
1. Nutrition accuracy: When determining your intake, portion control and making sure you are actually logging the right amounts and ensuring those amounts are the correct macros.
2. Consistency: The 80/20 rule doesn't apply here. Being consistent is key. Fat loss isn't a switch, the body doesn't want to do it, so it's critical to keep things consistent as your body will fight the process if you don't.
3. Activity: When losing fat, your body will want to slow you down. Keeping the activity up will help maximize the NEAT (Non Exercise Activity Thermogenesis) to help you burn a bit more. While its not a huge impact of total calorie burn, it usually helps with hunger and keeps the mind right, all big wins.
4. Lifting intensity: Note I didn't say cardio here. By stimulating the metabolism through lifting, you will not just keep it running high, but you will minimize losing muscle which is one of the key factors for a reduced metabolism.
5. Sleep: Getting adequate sleep not only helps keep your metabolism in a good spot, but it also supports your endocrine (hormones) system and makes sure you're refreshed as much as possible to crush it each day.
While it was hard to narrow it down, those are the five things that not only do I consider fundamentals but unfortunately are often overlooked. Some might come easy, others a challenge but the magic happens when all are in place.
#nutrition #fitness #flexibledieting #contestprep #prepcoach #coach #lifestyle #bodybuilding #figure #physique #bikini #cut #fatloss #musclegain #strength #transformation #process #fitfam #natural #nutritioncoach #getuncomfortable #impactactioncoaching #everydaycounts